For many decades, creating a wedding registry was very simple. A young couple simply asked for the things they didn’t already own — and since most young people were heading from their parent’s house to their starter home, they didn’t have anything!
These days, things are quite different. Many couples live together before tying the knot, and that means building a home together with all the amenities required. If you already have everything you need, what should you register for?
If the idea of making a registry is making your head spin, don’t worry: we’ve got your back! Here are a few essentials that should be on every wedding registry.
For the Kitchen
If you’ve been living on take-out and instant ramen for the last few years (or even if your current cookware is a bit worse for wear) kitchen appliances are an absolute must-have. Quality kitchen tools can help make even the most amateur cooks create delicious meals!
What kind of kitchen appliances should you register for? Here are a few of our favorites:
- A coffee maker with a timer, so you can wake up each morning to a freshly brewed cup
- A set of cutting boards, so you can toss out those old ones you’ve had since college
- A stand mixer that will meet all your baking needs (remember to send some cookies as a thank-you!)
For the Bedroom
Your bedroom should be an oasis, where you and your spouse can truly unwind and enjoy the best sleep of your life (among other things, wink!). So when it comes to registering for bedroom items, “cozy” is key. Look for items that will make your room feel like a little slice of heaven!
Obviously, the perfect bedroom amenities will vary from couple to couple, but here are a few of our favorites to inspire you:
- A fresh set of luxurious sheets, because your old set is starting to wear pretty thin
- A big, snuggly blanket, for those lazy Sundays together in bed
- An air purifier, because sleep is better when you can breathe easy
For the Bathroom
The bathroom is often one of the smallest rooms in the house, but it’s also one of the most important. When you’re creating your registry, make sure you give this little room some love and find items that will make it feel a little more luxe.
It doesn’t take much to make a bathroom ultra-fancy — in fact, simple items like these will do the trick:
- A plush bathmat, so you step out of the shower and onto a cloud
- Glass canisters, so you can hold your cotton swabs and q-tips in style
- A hamper, because you’re a grown-up now, and clothes don’t belong on the floor.
For Making Memories
If you ask us, the best part of getting married is getting to spend the rest of your life with your best friend. Make sure you’re ready for any upcoming adventures by registering for some items that will help you entertain guests or hit the road to see the world!
Whether you two love hosting dinner parties or hiking your way across the Andes, here are some items every registry needs:
- A matching luggage set, so you can head off on your honeymoon in style
- An SLR camera to capture every amazing moment together
- A bartender kit, because sometimes the best adventures happen at home with your friends… and a few drinks!